Cor Nouws wrote:

Hi all,

I'm interested in a *short* list with the main functional pro's
and con's of OOo compared to MsO.

The main difference for us now is that OOo doesn't support VB macros, and probably never will. I'm no fan of VB, but this still has to be taken into consideration when you have lots of legacy VB macros. Also, the basic editor / debugger leaves a lot to be desired. There's no code-completion support, for example, which makes learning the language and objects quite an uphill battle. In fact, you'd have to be pretty keen to stick with it long enough to learn. I've done some small OOBasic scripts, and I don't look forward to the next one I have to do ...

The big plus is that OOo is cross-platform. This means that moving to OOo makes the move to Linux much easier - assuming that this is what you want to do - it's a worthy goal IMHO :)

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer