Cor Nouws wrote:
Robin Laing wrote:

I don't use MSO so I cannot offer feature comparisons but I will say that OOo will open MSO files that MSO won't open for some strange reason. Even files that were just closed on the same desktop. I have saved someones butt on more than one occasion.

Also from someone that I work with, the graphics support in Writer is so much better and controllable than in MSO.

Styles works better than in MSO. It doesn't take over your whole document and you can undo allot better than in MSO.

But the ability of working with Of course there are issues with header and footer links breaking in OOo. This is supposed to be fixed by 2.0.2.

Hope this is a start.

Indeed, Robin, Thanks.
The MsO document-recovery you mention, is an interesting OOo-feature.

Greetings,
Cor

Thank you.

I was thinking of one problem against OOo is opening and saving large documents. It can be so much slower than MSO. We are talking hundreds of times slower. I don't find it that much of a problem but others may.