So the only thing I can find that OpenOffice is lacking is an app like
Outlook. I have not heard back form anyone at OpenOffice or Sun Microsystems
as to whether or not they are working on  something like this or if it is
not in the plans at all.

Ok, so I know I'll get a few slaps for this, but I actually REALLY like MS
Outlook, more than any other contact/calendar/email management system I've
ever used. I am currently using OpenOffice to replace all other MS Office
applications, but I miss the integration Outlook has with MS Office products
that it stoutly refuses to do with Open Office.

So to me, this is the only MAJOR drawback to OpenOffice, is it's lack of an
Outlook style app. Has anyone heard if this is in the works or not, or is
anyone working on this?

Sincerely,
Andrew Robertson
derma e(r) Natural Bodycare