Hi Lars,

in fact I am working on such a feature allowing in a spezial debug version to modify strings in a text file that are displayed after a restart. But please do not ask me when this feature is available and working for all kind of resource types.

Cheers,
Ivo

Lars D. Noodén wrote:
This was brought up on the OOo-Users list and then in a discussion
offlist:

How feasible would it be for OOo to load strings (e.g. menu labels and
dialog messages) at runtime?  Apparently Opera does this already, see
xx.lng where xx is the two letter ISO-639 language code.

Having strings load at runtime would allow the end user to further
customize the interface.  It would also make translation / localization
effort very much easier.

Is that something worth adding to a wish list for some future revision?

-Lars

Lars Noodén ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
    Keep the market open by keeping software patents out
    (deadline 31 Mar 2006):
http://europa.eu.int/comm/internal_market/indprop/patent/consultation_en.htm