Hi,

I have several complex corp documents which make OO.o go crazy one way or
another. I'd like to report the bugs to get them fixed, but OO.o devs will
just ignore me without test documents and there's no way I'll post
internal company info in the wild.

I discovered the hard way creating synthetic test cases is a lot of work
and usually fruitless as many failures depend on multiple factors in the
original documents difficult to reproduce without doing the analysis
myself (which I don't have the time of the knowledge to do properly).

Anonymising text is not too difficult (regexp search and replace) but what
kills me is images and variable/reference names.

Is there a way to take an OO.o doc, get all letters replaced with X or x,
metadata stripped, embedded images replaced by blanks with the same sizes,
and every other names (variables, bookmarks, fields, references,
color/style names) anonymized?

As most bugs happen on complex documents, most complex documents are
created in corp-space and corporations don't like disseminating internal
info for debugging purposes I suppose I'm far from the only one with
knowledge of bugs but no way to report them.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot