Ian Lynch wrote:
There is also a downside to this in that the real benefit of ODF over MS
OOXML is that its seen to be multi-application. If the image is
projected that ODF is effectively controlled by OpenOffice.org (or
worse, Sun) and not OASIS, it will significantly weaken that advantage.
At the current state of play in the politics I'd play up the fact that
there is expertise in ODF in many applications and communities,
particularly when talking to governments.

Are you implying that we (OOo) should "hide" what we are doing with regards to ODF, waiting for others to catch up? Or even that a toolkit would be a bad thing, because it weakens the notion of evenly distributed ODF expertise?

Niklas