On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Michael Brauer wrote:
... This toolkit actually would just be another ODF implementation (or product, to be more precise, because the toolkit will share its code with OOo).

I think everyone is in agreement that the toolkit is a very good idea whose time has come.

One of the points I think that Ian is trying to emphasize is that ODF has broad application support. Representatives from the MS party are still spreading disinformation / misinformation regarding ODF, in particular trying to represent it as something both marginal and in use only be OpenOffice.org and derivatives. You know that's not true. I know it's not true, and so does everyone else here. However, effort needs to be taken that even your average slob can pick up on the fact that ODF is widely supported and beyond a single application.

-Lars
Lars Noodén ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
        Ensure access to your data now and in the future
        http://opendocumentfellowship.org/about_us/contribute