William Baric wrote:
Most people for whom I offer service do not search for options in menus
and do not use the context-menu. They do not try to learn, don't read
books, they don't even use help screens. They use what they see and
nothing else. Icons must be big and obvious. For them, the interface must
be "in their face" and "disturbing", or they simply do not use it. I also
hate "in your face" interfaces, but I'm certainly not the "average"
computer user.

UIs should be scalable. One UI does not fit all. I look forward to the day when the industry returns to true UI innovation, and gives us a GUI that can easily scale to the user's experience level. It wouldn't be hard to do.