On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 16:41:39 -0700
"Kurt Semler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello Kurt,

> For the people wanting an eMail client with OpenOffice.org, what
> about bundling Evolution with the office suite?
> http://www.dipconsultants.com/evolution/

(This is purely my opinion, and not the official stance)

First, because however plainly it's spelt out, people will expect
support from the same places they get their support for OOo from.  Now,
whilst there are people here that could well answer those questions,
those questions would still be better asked in an Evolution specific
forum.

Second, by bundling any email package with OOo there is, from a
*user's* PoV an implied "approval" of said package and feeling that it's
the only thing that'll work with OOo.  The former /might/ be true, but
the latter certainly isn't.

Third, free software is all about choice - by bundling Evolution with
OOo there's an apparent reduction of choice due to perceptions arising
from points made in the previous paragraph.

--
 Regards  _

A friend of a friend he got beaten
I Predict A Riot - Kaiser Chiefs