On 07/10/2008 12:36 AM, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 22:23 +0100, Ian Lynch wrote:
>>  The e-mail client like the svg issue in Draw have been
>> among the hottest topics over the last few years so it is a bit
>> surprising that they seem to have such low priority.
>
>       Svg import is ~implemented cleanly & natively in ooo-build and the
> http://go-oo.org/ builds of OO.o - we'd love Sun to bundle it up-stream
> under their copy-left license of choice.

If only that were true... I've never found SVG import to be solid in any
Ubuntu OOo builds, nor on any standard OOo builds using the SVG import
extension.

The latest Ubuntu OOo (built on go-oo.org) 2.4.1 (Hardy 8.04.1) does a
*very* poor job of importing a standard SVG that inkscape opens and
imports just fine. In fact it it so bad that it is to the point of being
useless.