NoOp wrote:

OK. I see that I can _open_ Protractor.svg from OOo dev300-m23 (using
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/svgimport) thanks.
However I can find no way to 'import' the svg into an open drawing. Is
there something simple that I'm missing? If I do Insert|Picture there is
no option to import an svg.

As for Ubuntu's OOo (seldom use it & then mostly only to test): on their
2.4.1; File|Open on the svg results in the layers being horribly messed
up. However, their Insert|Picture does show an SVG import option -
unfortunately the drawing is as messed up as the File|Open. I'd be happy
to send you some screenshots if you are interested.

Hi NoOp

I was just looking at this thread, so decided to give it a try.

I agree that the protractor file will not open with OOo Draw 2.41 (gentoo - binary), though it would in 3.00-M18 which is the latest beta I have.

However http://www.linuxrising.org/importsvg/gearflowers.svg opens quite well in 2.4.1

Seems that the original .svg contributes to the difficulties.

I know nothing at all about the implementation of svg, but thought this may be of interest.

Regards

Russell