Hi,

I'dlike to comebak to this again ...

Kazunari Hirano schrieb:

I propose increasing the number of seats in community council to 12
and building it based on Categories of Active Projects.
http://projects.openoffice.org/index.html
Here is my idea:
3 Product Development
1 Extension Development
2 Language Development and Support
1 Distribution
1 Helping Users
1 Promotion
2 Advisory Board
1 Community Contributor Representative
These read, for example, 3 representaitves elected from Product
Development Category, and so on.

Sophie already suggested, that we can leave out AB members (and I agree). So this would increase the number of council members to ten.

But I am still in doubt about the strict definition of the cathegories. Actually these are very close connected to our current project structure and might become invalid as soon as we introduce new projects and / or dismis existing (but inactive) projects.

What do you think about this:
3 Core Product development projects (writer, calc, framework .. all the projects that actually generate source code forthe core project) 3 Additional Product development projects (not the projects from above, but all the projects you need for product development like distribution, marketing, extensions, qa, ux , documentation ...) 2 Language development (NLC + l10n, what is almost the same with our current definition of the NLC)
1 CCR
1 Sun (or AB - if the AB would provide some information, what it'sown task is)

We could give "advice" fromwht projects the representatives should be choosen in the bylaws.

I'd like to summarize the discussinon within the next days and start to work on a draft for a changed council charter.
Any comments?

André