Hi Sophie,

sophie gautier schrieb:

The real problem with all this, is (imho) that the council does not need
to report to any entity, if it's following the rules. There is no need
to tweak the rules, if you can just ignore them. I'd really love to have
something like this in the charter but this is something for  Version 2.0.

Can you elaborate on this, I don't understand it clearly. The council
has to report to the community, but do you mean that nobody is checking
if the rules are followed?

Yes. Some examples:
- does every Council Member have a deputy?
- are elections to replace members that left the council are held in time?
- are elections are held in time at all?
- have the rules for all of our voes been respected (did we meet the deadlines for voting? did we review votes in case of rush voting?) - are all council decisions published correctly? (do we have bylaws .. did we puplish approved changes to our charter?)

In all these cases, we did not really respect the rules. Yes - we need to report to the community .. and some community members (who try to follw what the council is doing) might notice, that something is going wrong. But what is the procedure for them? Send a message to the council that the council is doing something wrong .. and then the council needs to agree by consensus that the council did something wrong ;)

André