Hi,

Nope, what i am saying is neither of them has been released yet. When it
is released it will be 3.1.1 BTW.

So why would anyone even want to deal with 3.1.1 when they can have 3.2?

3.1.1 has not been released (planned release date: August 27th 2009)
3.2.0 has not been released (planned release: end of November 2009)

The answer is: In this case you want to have version 3.2 then you have to wait at least until end of November.

The developer snapshot OOO310m13 will eventually become OO.o 3.1.1
The developer snapshot DEV300_m50 will eventually become branch and
become OO.o 3.2

That helps, although it has been confusing.
I was puzzled as to why there would be DEV300 if version 3.00 was a thing of
the past, so I checked it out to find the legendary 3.2 which I now use.

DEV300_m50 is a developer build, not a release build.

          |OOO310|         |OOO320|
----DEV300------------DEV300-----------DEV300----

Release codelines like OOO310 are branched-off the TRUNK/HEAD of SVN repository which is called DEV300 for a moment. Release branches are created to stabilize a release and to allow further development on the "unstable" TRUNK/HEAD. This TRUNK/HEAD (DEV300) may be renamed (to eg. DEV400) when the next major version is planned.

Kind regards, Joost