Cor Nouws wrote:
> But since appr. 35% of entered issues is not correct (duplicate,
> invalid, works for me, wontfix)(*) I doubt that making it more easy to
> enter issues really will help the project.
>
> [...]
Hi Cor,

I concur with Patrick & others that artificially limiting the inflow
of bugs by making the issue tracker unattractive (if you meant that)
is definitely not the right way to handle the problem of too many
bugs.

Others already commented on the duplicates, and how a more usable
tracker UI would help there; "works for me" is often a problem of
environment, and not necessarily _not_ a bug - and especially
"wontfix" should _not_ be regarded as something invalid, or
incorrect, but as a conflicting need, or different requirement
towards OOo. Also nothing I'd want to miss, in general.

That leaves "invalid" bugs - I find a ~10% loss rate on the inflow
quite acceptable, given how complex OOo is.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten