Hi Bernard, *,

Bernhard Dippold wrote (13-04-10 23:25)

I changed the subject, because I want to follow your proposal to position my concerns officially at the Community Council, while
keeping in this thread in order to inform the community about this
specific request.

*Please don't support the application independency of the ODF
document icons!*
[...]

In short, you ask this because (in your and other peoples opinion) OpenOffice.org related icons are important for OpenOffice.org product, marketing etc. and there has been no serious/good discussion, considering the question: Why should OpenOffice.org give away it's presence on the user's desktop.

I hope you don't mind if I say that this request is different from my post that hooks on the effort in the community council, which is about the process, about how we work. Looks as if you ask the council to reconsider the decision (...) to not change further on the product-independent odf icons. Honestly, I don't see much ground for that. Possibly I think it might happen that during our effort to learn and improve, we are so flabbergasted by what we find out about what happened in this process, that we consider other possibilities. But ATM that looks rather theoretical to me.

Did I interpret your mail correct, is it clear what I try to explain?

Kindest regards,
Cor

--
 >> Your office 2010 software: the new OpenOffice.org <<

Cor Nouws
  - ideas/remarks for the community council?
  - http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Community_Council