Effie Law wrote:

I'll much appreciate if you could give me some good references for the following topics:

(1) the distinction between software bugs and usability problems
(2) typology of  fixes for software bugs

There are a whole range of software bug taxonomies. Some examples are:

  IEEE Std 1044-1993: Standard Classification for Software Anomalies,

http://standards.ieee.org/reading/ieee/std_public/description/se/1044-1993_desc.html

  Ram Chillarege et al., Orthogonal Defect Classification,
  http://www.chillarege.com/odc/odc-papers.html

  Boris Beizer, Software Testing Techniques, Van Nostrand Reinhold Co.,
  1990.

  Cem Kaner & Jack Falk & Hung Quoc Nguyen, Testing Computer Software,
  Wiley, 1999.

  Matt Telles & Yuan Hsieh, The Science of Debugging, Coriolis, 2001.

  Robert Metzger, Debugging by Thinking, Elsevier, 2004.

(3) typology of fixes for usability problems