Can anyone point me to any research results that show that teaching kids
to program has any transfer to other areas?
Last I followed this kind of thing, the results were negative - teaching
programming doesn't have any more of
a beneficial effect on, say, mathematics than time spent directly on math.

Can anyone point me to any research that shows that kids who learn
programming are better at it than those who
learn it later, after you control for personality/apptitude effects?

Last, but not least, what is the effect of learning Latin on learning to
program?

Ruven Brooks

"Guzdial, Mark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
07/31/2007 09:52 AM

"Enda Dunican" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, discuss@ppig.org
cc

Subject
RE: PPIG discuss: teaching kids to program

We're seeing a lot of use of both Alice and the new MIT Scratch with
children.  We're successfully using Python for media computation with
children as young as 11 years old.

Mark