On 9/18/06, Vincent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
Yes, I'm starting to see that (although it seems to me that you have your POSTs
and PUTs backward: shouldn't you use a POST to create the transfer transaction,
and a PUT to send the tx details?).

Ah, yes, this is a major bone of contention that I have with the
"powers that be". The semantics of POST and PUT are
confused/confusing.  In you're example, the POST is actually an
"update" of the existing resource (to create the possibility of the
sub-resource) and the PUT is the "create" of the nascent resource.
[Sorry, just ignore my rantings on this.]

[...]
As I've mentioned in my response to Jerome, I think this solution has the merit
of helping make all requests idempotent. My problem was that I would most likely
want to extend this mechanism to resources creation as well; i.e. instead of
POSTing a account resource, I would POST a tx resource and PUT the account
details in this tx.

Yes, idempotency is a Good Thing(tm). :-)

Take care,
John