Jerome wrote:
> He talks about "significant difference" between HTTP and traditional-RPC
> (like RMI or CORBA) and not about "dichotomy" which means total separation
> with no overlap (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dichotomy). If not, how would
> you explain the existence of XML-RPC with use HTTP in a limited but correct
> way? Now, it seems like you are forcing reality into your own simplistic
> model of REST and HTTP ;-)

[..]

John wrote:
> No, there's not.  He's just defined a particular, constrained,
> definition of what "RPC" means to use as a label for what he's talking
> about so that he can make the comparison.  That's a big part of my
> point: "RPC" is almost completely meaningless as a term of art anymore
> because it's been so overused with so many different meanings.

I'm realizing that opposing REST to RPC was that the wrong approach.
I've been quiet lately because I wanted to spend some time re-reading
(again!) Roy's dissertation, as well as catching up with the rest-discuss
group.
Thanks for not giving on me. I shall play with restlet now, and see if
I manage to wrap my mind on this REST thing all the cool kids are
talking about ;)

-Vincent.