On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 1:52 AM, Jerome Louvel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
>  Now, be aware that web browser generally serialize the request to a single
>  target server/domain at least limit the number of concurrent requests sent.

Indeed.  From http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec8.html#sec8.1.4 :
"Clients that use persistent connections SHOULD limit the number of
simultaneous connections that they maintain to a given server. A
single-user client SHOULD NOT maintain more than 2 connections with
any server or proxy. A proxy SHOULD use up to 2*N connections to
another server or proxy, where N is the number of simultaneously
active users. These guidelines are intended to improve HTTP response
times and avoid congestion."

Web browsers are pretty good about following that rule.

ObHack:  If you want to up that concurrency for your own site, one
trick is to use multiple names for the same underlying set of servers.
I.e., if you have lots of images on a page, spreading out the requests
across host1.example.com, host2.example.com, .... allows the browsers
to issue more simultaneous requests.

Have fun,
John