Thanks very much everyone. Jerome that's a great link to the docs, thanks! I can see I have some homework to do in terms of evaluating connectors and different configurations...

Thanks again!
Aaron

"Jerome Louvel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi all,

Rob is right, the threading strategy depends on the actual server used
(Grizzly, Jetty, Simple or the NRE internal one). In general there is a pool
of worker threads. This pool has a configurable size so you can generally
limit the maximum number of concurrent threads. See this page for
configuration details:
http://www.restlet.org/documentation/1.1/connectors#jetty

For Jetty here is the list of parameters available:
http://www.restlet.org/documentation/1.1/ext/com/noelios/restlet/ext/jetty/J
ettyServerHelper

Now, be aware that web browser generally serialize the request to a single
target server/domain at least limit the number of concurrent requests sent.

If you really want to test the concurrent behavior of your Restlet
application, you should instead use a proper load tester. Here is a
benchmark that was done by Thierry on 1.0 connectors:
http://www.restlet.org/documentation/1.0/benchmark

Best regards,
Jerome