I'm using Java 1.6, RESTlet 2.0M6, Tomcat 6.0.20, on a Linux system.

My Tomcat runs a Connector on port 8443 to support HTTPS connections,
and my Apache configuration is proxying to it.  It's not using the AJP,
but just with Redirects.

I'm not sure how to setup SSL Certificates with my REST application.
For the BASIC authentication with HTTP, one would use a ChallengeGuard,
for example, but with HTTPS, do we still need a Guard in place to check
for certificates?

The setup has me confused too.  See here:
http://wiki.restlet.org/docs_2.0/13-restlet/28-restlet/153-restlet.html

Do I need to configure a Server bean to look on the 8443 port that
Tomcat already has open?  I assume a SSLContextFactory of some kind
needs to be configured.

Has anyone got HTTPS Certificates working?  Is there a guide for it?

Thanks,
Dustin
--

Dustin N. Jenkins | Tel/Tél: 250.363.3101 | dustin.jenk...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca

facsimile/télécopieur: (250) 363-0045

National Research Council Canada | 5071 West Saanich Rd, Victoria BC.
V9E 2E7

Conseil national de recherches Canada | 5071, ch. West Saanich, Victoria
(C.-B) V9E 2E7

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2425554