Hi Dustin,

If you're running within Tomcat (or other servlet containers), it's
Tomcat that deals with the SSL connector, not the Restlet connector.
Therefore, this setup has nothing to do with what's on the Restlet wiki
regarding SslContextFactories (which are only for connections with a
direct connector in Restlet). You should follow the Tomcat SSL
documentation for this instead.

If you want to use client-certificate authentication, the Servlet
connector (of Restlet) relays the certificate chain (same as with the
other connectors), so you can get it from the
"org.restlet.https.clientCertificates" attribute in the Request: this is
a List of certificates (whereas "javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate"
is an array in Servlets).

Best wishes,

Bruno.

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2425568