http://wiki.restlet.org/docs_2.1/13-restlet/27-restlet/325-restlet/37-restlet.html
 is leaving me a bit confused as to what I should be using for client
connectors.  I've been fighting with intermittent "communication errors (1001)"
over HTTP that had all the symptoms of timeouts or other problems in
communication or dropped connections when I went and read the link on
connectors, which seems to suggest that the Internal connector is stable for
everything but HTTP (which strikes me as odd), while HTTPClient is stable and
robust, but can't do asynchronous.

Dropping in HTTPClient gets rid of the intermittent errors (at least I haven't
seen it in quite a few tests now whereas before it was fairly regular)

What are people deploying with in real, production systems for connecting?  My
system has an HTTP(S) front end and I was using HTTP for internal service
calls, too (esp. since Netty was dropped in 2.1)

Thanks,
Grant

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2950791