I have been struggling the last few days to set up the GAE GWT Restlet example
project for 2.1 M6.  I have been finding the process very challenging.  There
are for example, different versions of org.restlet.jar for JavaSE, GWT, and GAE
even though they are named the same way.

Normally GWT projects and GAE projects are built together, but I read on stack
overflow the GWT component had to be compiled seperately, and then add the
static html and js files back into the GAE project.

I finally managed to get the JavaSE example running and communicating pulling
objects from the GAE implementation using the default
"http://localhost:8888/contact/123"; address.  However if I try to open that
same address in a web browser I get an exception in GAE.  How is it an API if
it is so fragile and can only be accessed by one specific software on the other
side?

Since everything is so poorly documented and I cannot find any other complete
example projects I am very tempted to give up and try Jersey or some other
technology.

I was attracted to Restlet because on the surface it sounded simple and clearly
there was a lot of attention given to my favourity web frameworks, GAE and GWT.

I am finally appealing to the community for some help and words of
encouragement here and maybe some suggestions to reboot my venture into this
technology.

Thank You

http://restlet.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4447&dsMessageId=2965062