Hi Jason,

Sorry you had a bad experience with this example. It's not easy to help
concretely as we are arriving a bit late in your story :-/

Some signs of hope: we are finishing the "Restlet in Action" book which
covers GWT and GAE editions of Restlet in more details and in a hopefully
more rigorous way. As we are almost done with this big effort (6 chapters
entered pre-production this week).

We have even started working on an overall redesign of the Restlet online
documentation to address your concerns (and similar ones). We are basically
moving away from the current User Guide in the Restlet wiki and replacing it
with:

1.       Better Javadocs with more details and example

a.       extracted from current wiki pages where it fits

2.       Brand new tutorial based on a small yet realistic domain
application

a.       Covering all editions, client-side and server-side

b.      Developed following best practices (not minimalistic examples)

3.       Online code sampler

a.       Including code snippets for common needs

b.      High quality for easy copy & paste

Back to your problem, none of the limitations you mention is known in the
current version:

·         GWT edition has a different package name base so it can coexist
with GAE edition without requirement two projects

·         The web API exposed by your Restlet/GAE backend, should be
accessible from any HTTP client (using conneg)

Could you provide us with more details so we can help more precisely, maybe
sharing your Eclipse project so we can reproduce more easily and improve
documentation? Also, we would welcome additional contributions on the
wiki/user guide, anyone can ask for edit rights.

Best regards,

Jerome

--

 <http://www.restlet.com/> http://www.restlet.com