On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 10:55:26 David Morley wrote:
> Thanks for considering my application. A little more detail about my
> background and interests:
>
> In 1970 I was trained by the Army to operate a computer with 500 words of
> (core) memory. I learned to program the thing by studying the programs (on
> punched cards) and experimenting. The computer had a large bank of lights
> to display the contents of memory, and I wrote a program that scrolled
> subversive messages (e.g. FTA  FTA  FTA...) across those lights.

ja! das blinkenlights! ^^

> In 1976 I taught myself homogeneous coordinates and did graphics on a
> vector display (Evans & Sutherland), mostly representing curves and
> surfaces of interest to mathematicians.
>
> In 1984 I went to work at Rockwell International where I wrote software for
> controlling robots and other kinematic linkages. When Rockwell bought
> Allen-Bradley, I spent some time programming their PLCs.
>
> Now I'm retired and looking for some technical activity and collaboration.
> I would like to write an emulator for the Marlin firmware of your 3d
> printer, but my interests might also take me elsewhere.

Thats something I want. The current g-code viewer in Repetier-Host is murky at
best, and I'm very interested in developing a replacement user interface. I'd
be up for helping out with that. Some time ago I was trying to figure out why
our temperatures were reported as being consistently off, so I poured over the
Marlin code for a few days.  As a result, I'm quite familiar with it. I came
to the conclusion that we need a high quality thermocouple to measure and
verify the temperature tables.