From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 2:00 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: RE: [ACFUG Discuss] Spawning threads in Coldfusion: making my
webapp run faster

Colfusion processes code synchronously, i.e. one line at a time.  It does
not process code in a parallel manner, as you suggest.

You could achieve something like what you're trying to do by using the async
cfml gateway in CFMX 7 ENT to populate the db.  Each call would just throw
to the gateway and keep on processing the next line in your template.  That
seems the easiest way to achieve what you are looking to do. Otherwise, you
have to processes synchronously.

Andy