On 9/8/06, Mischa Uppelschoten ext 10 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
As a low-tech solution, could you write a cfm page with frames that calls other cfm pages
in those frames and then cfhttp the "top" page?
/m

Intriguing idea... :-)

So let's talk about this one... I can create one cfm template that has
multiple iframes in it... each iframe would would essentially be a
"thread" I want to spawn, right?

Furthermore, each iframe would just be another cfm template, but it
has code to go do work (in my case, go find the price of a book), and
then save the information to a database.

When the page is done loading, all the information will be saved to
the database AND, supposedly, this would all run faster because each
iframe would be doing its work at the same time as the other iframes.

Is the logic correct here?  Would the iframes really be doing their
work at the same time?  (Or should I use traditional frames?)

Thoughts?

Thanks!
--
nathan