I tried something like that.  Didn't work.  Thanks though.

Dan Kaufman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
How about adding a WHERE clause which is always true for all records, such as:

WHERE 1 = 1

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeff Howard
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 9:32 AM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: [ACFUG Discuss] Issue with return from cfquery

Does anyone know what could be causing the following issue:

I have a very simple query:

<CFQUERY name="getIDs" datasource="sysmods" >
   SELECT ID
   FROM test
</CFQUERY>

The DB has 1 column named ID and 10 rows numbered 1-10.  I built this table to try and figure out what is happening to a more complex table that is having the same issue.

When I run this in a browser it is only returning the first record.  When I copy and paste the query into Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer and it returns all 10 rows.

The script I was running when this problem first surface ran fine several times this morning and all of a sudden it quit working.  It was returning all records from the table and then I ran it again and this problem popped up.  I couldn't figure out what was happening so I built a little test table and test script and I'm getting the same problems.  This makes me believe it is a CF problem and not a SQL Server problem.

Any ideas?

From what I've gathered since joining a few months ago, someone always knows the answer in this group.

Thanks,
Jeff Howard