Others have already clarified the issue with troubling issues with the approach you used to get the last inserted record. I realize it may have seemed logical to you. Just one of those "patterns" that you learn with time in CFML. We've all been there.

But don't leave us in suspense on the solution to the earlier challenge. :-) What was the "causing the issue"? Especially if you want people to help you see "why it's happening and how to avoid/combat it".

/charlie
http://www.carehart.org/blog/

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jeff Howard
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 9:50 AM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: RE: [ACFUG Discuss] Issue with return from cfquery

So I got access to the CF Admin this morning and between that and Profiler I can see what is causing my issue and can resolve.  Thanks for everyone's help once again.  It was a comination of advice that got me to this point.

Now I was wondering if anyone could tell me why this issue is happening to try and avoid/combat it in the future.

When I add a new record to the db I immediately pull that id back out with this query:

SET  ROWCOUNT 1
     SELECT id
     FROM table
     ORDER BY id DESC

This seems to set the rowcount for ALL queries after this one.  When I uncheck "Maintain connections across client requests" it works fine, but as long as the box is checked the 'rowcount' remains one for all requests to this db.

Can anyone give a brief explaination of the 'why' for me on this.

thanks for all the help,
Jeff

List hosted by FusionLink