Thanks.  I'll take a look at this and see if it suits my needs.  The
documents aren't actual files but stored in a DB and displayed in a browser
page.  That's why I was trying to use the cftree control and a query to
mimic a real file system.

I did however figure out what my problem with the cftree tag was.
Apparently if you use cftree in flash format the folders don't expand or
collapse.  I'm looking into whether or not doing it in xml format will suit
my needs.

I did notice that the cftagstore has a couple of different tree controls
there.  Has anyone had any experience with any custom tag tree controls?
Any recommendations if so?

Thanks again,
Jeff Howard