[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Dissent is the purest form of patriotism."
    --Thomas Jefferson

On Aug 29, 2007, at 12:55 PM, shawn gorrell wrote:

I guess I don't know why anyone would use the old session variables anymore. I always use the J2EE session variables instead. Maybe someone can enlighten me to the any benefits or trade-offs of either choice.

----- Original Message ----
From: Charlie Arehart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: discussion@acfug.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 11:51:46 AM
Subject: RE: [ACFUG Discuss] Session variables

Just to clarify, this isn't something you can do at the application level in CF8. I was under the impression myself for a while that we could do pretty much everything at the app level now, but it's just mappings and custom tag paths. Perhaps in a later release. :-)

So, no, the J2EE sessions mechanism is a one for all and all for one sort of thing (unless of course one runs on Enterprise and creates another instance).

/charlie