Thanks, Tom, for confirming what I was thinking.

The thing that is driving me crazy is that this is a very intermittent
error. I can not seem to get it to occur consistently no matter what I try.

Right now I am trying a hack locally at the top of the page to avoid the
problem alltogether:

<cfset event = QueryNew("title")>
<cfset event.title = "No Event Found">

But, again, that seems very hacky.

I did get this to happen (once) by removing the id parameter from the url:

That means that getNextEvent() could be my problem. The getNextEvent method
is trying to get the next event from "now" out of the database:

    <cffunction name="getNextEvent" access="public" maxrows="1"
returnType="query" output="false"
                hint="Gets the next event by date">
        <cfquery name="q" datasource="#instance.dsn#"
username="#instance.username#" password="#instance.password#">
            select        *
            from        ugevents
            where eventstart >= <cfqueryparam value="#Now()#"
cfsqltype="CF_SQL_TIMESTAMP">
            LIMIT 1
        </cfquery>

        <cfreturn q>

    </cffunction>

I have to assume that my SQL for this could be way off. I'll try a dump,
too.

Thanks.

Leif