I did a test like this:

1. Create the simplest possible html page (Saved as htm not cfm).

2. Link to a style sheet that's in the webroot along with the html page.

3. Display the page in the browser.

4. Edit the style sheet and try to save it.

You get an error: "A sharing violation has occurred while accessing
style.css"

You open up CFAdmin, click the Clear Template Cache Now button, and then you
can save the style sheet.

I did a Google search, and have seen that others have seen the same
behavior. There may be a bug in CF8 that causes this, but I was hoping that
someone would know of a clever config parameter that would clear this up.

Any ideas on my other question. I create a new CFC using Dreamweaver -- Even
a totally basic one, and then neither Dreamweaver or ColdFusion recognize
it. It's there -- I can see it with the file explorer, and I've tripple
checked the CFC code and syntax. Oh yea, and stopped and restarted my CF8
server. What could cause this?

Thanks again,

    Clarke