Leif, are you catching the errors?  I can generate an error page by
altering the id int he URL to be a bad id:

http://www.afpugatlanta.org/ug/event.cfm?id=thisiddoesnotexist&mode=

I'm pretty sure the error is going to be in (or casued by) one of the
CFC's you are calling, since the "event" seems to come from those.
You can make the error do away by assigning a default title like this
just before the cfmodule tag, but that might just uncover another
error:

<cfscript>
s = structNew();
s.title = 'Default Title';
structAppend(event, s, false);
</cfscript>

<!--- Call layout custom tag. --->
<cfmodule template="../tags/layout.cfm" title="#event.title#">

Lastly, is this something you are observing directly or something you
are seeing in logs or from complaining members?  If you aren't
observing this directly you may find even more debugging information
by tossing a try/catch around the cfmodule and emailing yourself more
information about the error when it occurs.  Knowing what URL was
passed in may help you debug.  You'd do that like this:

<cftry>
<!--- Call layout custom tag. --->
<cfmodule template="../tags/layout.cfm" title="#event.title#">
<cfcatch>
<cfmail to="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" from="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
subject="Whoops - something broke" type="html"
><cfdump="#url#"><cfdump="#cgi#"></cfmail>
</cfcatch>
</cftry>

That code should email you a dump of the URL variables in case a
malformed URL is causing it - and the CGI scope in case a bot or
crawler is causing it.

-Cameron

Cameron Childress
Sumo Consulting Inc