Yes but the dual monitor support on most non-Apple laptops comes through a
docking station. At least that's how I've done it on the last three Windows
laptops I've used (Dell, HP, IBM). The docking station had both VGA and DVI
and the video chipset would support driving both (although not the built-in
screen as well :-( ). In the Mac world Bo0okEndz is the only docking station
I know of. They do have both VGA and DVI on their docks but the manual is
mum on whether or not you can drive two monitors with it.
Honestly I don't miss it at home though. I've got a 20 widescreen Dell
2005FPW and the 17 inch display in the PowerBook (still rockin' the OG
PowerPC) and have my PowerBook setup so that it's at roughly the same
viewing height when it's on the desk (which isn't really that often). At
work (Windows-world) the two monitors are non-widescreen 17 inchers.

Howard

--
Howard Fore, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The universe tends toward maximum irony. Don't push it." - Jeff Atwood