Is there any way to force a new session,  if a user opens a new tab then goes
to the same app that is in the first window?

We use the pretty standard cfapplication that allows cookies and session
management.

I have found that sometimes users will open a new tab and go to the same
application basically executing the app twice from different windows.    But
since both these windows share session variables this can sometimes cause
problems (changes in one window effect the other).    Executing the browser
twice keeps separate sessions.    But since this is 2 windows in the same
browser the cookie that points to the session id is the same.

I guess one way around this is cookieless sessions,  then I believe you would
have to put the jsessionid on each url?   I don't like doing that.    And that
wouldn't stop someone from copying and pasting the URL to another window and
having the same issue.

Or is there a good way to tell if the user does have 2 windows open with the
same session?

Or other slick ways around this issue?