From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steven Ross
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 12:33 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: Re: [ACFUG Discuss] Cookies/Sessions when opening a new window in
tabbed browsers

What you are asking to do really isn't possible because of the stateless nature
of http because you can't tell where the user is coming from. If they are
authenticated then the application / web server has no idea what client
(browser window) they are coming from and will let them perform any task from
multiple windows (unless they launch a completely new instance of the browser -
which like you said would only work if you were not using cookie based
authentication). Sounds like you just need to educate your users a bit.

-Steve

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 12:11 PM, Bruce Hodgdon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL