For example, a simple UUID would do the trick here.

John

Howard Fore wrote:
What's the goal here? If you want to make sure that spambots can't harvest that email address, you don't want to do Base64 on it as that's not encryption and since it doesn't require a key to decode, you really haven't protected anything.

Can you tackle it a different way than exposing the email address? Is there a different unique identifier you can use? You wouldn't need to jump through the hoops with encryption/decryption to keep the address safe.

--
Howard Fore, howard.f...@hofo.com <mailto:howard.f...@hofo.com>
"The universe tends toward maximum irony. Don't push it." - Jeff Atwood