On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Teddy R. Payne <teddyrpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe cfencode is the obfuscation of CF code and not the Java byte
> code.  A file scrambler of sorts in an algorithm that the CF application
> understands.

So I wonder what would happen if you cfencoded a set of cfm templates
and then cfcompiled them?  I wonder if the resulting javabyte code be
even more difficult to revere engineer...  Most likely cfcompile's
going to decode the templates before compiling them so I'd bet it's
really no better.

Having said that, I think I would favor cfcompile over cfencode for
distributing applications since it's a longer path back to the CF
code, even if you can get the bytecode back into java source fairly
easily.

-Cameron

--
Cameron Childress