Charlie, your comments will be helpful as I move forward. I had already seen some of the documentation as I was trying to get hold of this configuration problem. Hostek Tech Support was prompt and helpful and told me
just what you pointed out about the CFTextArea tag.

Thanks, guys!

Forrest C. Gilmore
===================
Charlie Arehart wrote:
Following up on that, note that you can also control where the tag
(CFTEXTAREA) expects to find the editor code. It only defaults to
/CFIDE/scripts/ajax/FCKEditor. You can change it on the fly in the tag,
using the basetag attribute. More at:

http://www.cfquickdocs.com/cf8/#cftextarea

Of course, that just points to the reference manual content. The subject is
also covered in the oft-missed Developer's Guide:
http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/help.html?content=ajaxui_2.h
tml

Hope that helps.