There's a lot you are talking about here. I'll try my best to outline the items and provide answers..

1. CF9 isn't out yet so no one has upgraded to it yet. Some are doing beta hosting so that's an option.
2. PHP hosting will always be cheap - there is a cost to that though
3. FusionLink charges $27 per month for shared hosting - that's less than a dollar a day - which seems reasonable to me :) 4. If your college has email/web hosting for students - then request they install CF or Railo on the system. It never hurts to ask and you might get free hosting that way.

John
ma...@fusionlink.com

Timothy Grice wrote:
John,

I am looking for an inexpensive hosting site that offers Coldfusion. I have been playing with CF and Flex on my own PC but I want to see if I can start to build something and post online for use with my Westwood Online College courses. I can find a PHP hosting site for as low as $3.95 a month. It seems that everywhere I fins that has Coldfusion is 10 times more expensive.

I am trying to learn on my own using the new Flash Catalyst/Flash Builder and Coldfusion9 using the CF Builder combined into my Flash Builder. This means I would need to have a hosting site that has upgraded to CF9.

I feel like working with a hosted site would be a valuable part of my learning curve with CF and Flex. I have to get something for school so I am hoping to find a way to have my cake and eat it too so to speak.

If it is necessary to wait until CF9 gets into the mainstream then I can use CF8 or if it is not possible to find hosting at an affordable price I will be forced to stay with the PHP site.

Thanks for any advice you have.