There's no ready-made alternative to Wordpress or Drupal in the CF world.
The Mango Blog engine has the capabililty for feature extension very easily.
I've written a couple of simple plugins and themes, it's fairly easyu. There
are a growing number of people contributing themes and plugins to the Mango
community but it's several years behind the curve when compared to WP. The
potential is there but it will take a while to realize. If you need to stick
with a CF solution, I'd look at that first. I've no experience with Mura. It
could very well be that he's enchanted by the possibilities in the WP
universe that he won't ever use and that once he defines some real
requirements Mango would work just fine.

Alternately, at the peril of introducing supporting a PHP application, WP is
a breeze to support. Seriously. It's by far one of the more polished open
source apps that exist. You can run into problems if you want to start some
hardcore customizations, but if his requirements call for that, stick with a
CF solution.

I have found BlogCFC customizations difficult at best for anything that's
not the simplest request. It's not the initial customization that has bit me
but the subsequent upgrades. I haven't looked a the BlogCFC 6 alphas in some
time but I don't recall seeing anything that looked like it would be a great
deal easier in the future.

I felt a bit like a traitor doing it but I recently converted the handful of
blogs I maintain to WP from Mango/BlogCFC. I was just tired of continually
putting off my to do list of features for the blogs because there wasn't a
plugin to handle it yet and I don't have enough time right now to develop
them in time for when I wanted them.

--
Howard Fore, howard.f...@hofo.com
"The worthwhile problems are the ones you can really solve or help solve,