Charlie,

I found the same article earlier this afternoon. Your guidance added
confirmation that this may lead to the solution.  Since we are running MX7 and
SQL Server 2008 Express, I updated the drivers. I restarted the server and
configured an "Other" type data source where I specified:

JDBC URL:
jdbc:macromedia:sqlserver://[server_name]:1433;databaseName=[db_name];
SelectMethod=direct;sendStringParametersAsUnicode=false;MaxPooledStatements=0;AuthenticationMethod=Type2;

Driver class:
macromedia.jdbc.MacromediaDriver

Driver Name:
User Name:
Password:
All blank

Advanced settings:
Defaults
Throws this error:
Connection verification failed for data source:
java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Could not establish a
connection using integrated security: No LoginModules configured for
JDBC_DRIVER_01
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC
Driver]Could not establish a connection using integrated security: No
LoginModules configured for JDBC_DRIVER_01
Other notes:

*         I also tried the value of the JDBC URL in the Connection String value
under advanced settings

*         I have confirmed that TCP/IP is enabled on the

*         I can create the same data connection using the Windows SQL Server
ODBC driver on the web server successfully, so DB permissions and configuration
should not be a factor.

Any other thoughts of things to try?

Thank so much for your help!
Rob