The application consists of a Flex part(for front end), Coldfusion as the
middle tier communicating with the MySQL backend. The Flex forms call functions
in the CFC(Coldfusion component) using Flash remoting services.

The error message is
"Unable to invoke CFC An error operation occurred when performing a file
operation write on
"C:\inetpub\wwwroot\clients\ourdomainname\www\projectname\www\connectors\debug.html""

I realize when the Flex part tries to call the CFC(Coldfusion component), there
is a failure to communicate. So, the try/catch mechanism in the CFC tries to
write the error message in
debug.html file which also fails.

The error does not occur in the development environment. At the production
environment, when it occurs, if the system is not used for five minutes, it
goes away.
The application is not using any threads and there are no synchronization
constructs locking a critical section. Just the Flex part, calling a CFC(which
pulls in data from MySQL database tables) to generate
a report or fill the form fields.

Our server administrators do not have time to investigate this error and I do
not have access to the debug.html file which could have more information about
the issue.

What could be causing this error? How can I drill down to the cause?

Thanks