Mike, I've got no experience with LDAP, but when I read this my first
suspicion instead is that this could just as well be an IIS limitation
rather than an LDAP one. I would assume that since you refer to it being a
web app, and using MS technologies, that you are using IIS for the web
server.

If this is IIS 7, note that the "request filtering" feature (an option for
IIS, which might have been turned on for security reasons) has a default
limit of 30m (not 10). Still, it could be that someone lowered it. You can
learn more, including how to view or change the value (which could be set at
the site or server level within IIS, and either via XML changes or the UI)
here:

http://www.iis.net/configreference/system.webserver/security/requestfilterin
g/requestlimits

Do be aware that the value can be set at the server level (what that
technote refers to as the "connection level"), or at the site level (which
would override the server level setting), or even at an application or
folder level (within a site) which would override the site level setting.
You may want to at least check if the folder/app, site, or server level
setting for your upload page might be set to 10mb. If so, you could raise
it.

If that's not it I'd still recommend you consider finding out if this is
some other sort of IIS limit rather than LDAP. (But it could well be an LDAP
limit, I suppose.)

Let us know if that may help.