I'll say again that it could be that your problem could be fixed by an
update. You are on 9.0. There were several hotfixes, cumulative hotfixes,
and security hotfixes for that.

And even if you move to 9.0.1, there were several for that as well.

But if you wonder if CF10 might solve it (indeed, it would include all the
hotfixes that existed for CF9 at the time CF10 was released), maybe just
install the free trial or dev edition on a box somewhere and try your code.

Or if you have some example of code that stands alone entirely, one of us
running CF10 could run it for you. (Heck, we could run it on an updated CF9
release and let you know if it runs.)

Hope that's helpful.

BTW, I created a blog entry based on the info I shared in the earlier note
(and expanding upon it), in case that info (about updating CF9 and earlier)
may be something anyone would want to share with others:

http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2014/3/14/cf9_and_earlier_hotf
ix_guide

/charlie