Charlie & John,
Thank you for the suggestions.  This is the first time I have encountered
CFExecute and had not encountered this issue before.  Charlie, to answer
your questions, the secure profile has been turned on and we have the most
recent version of the installer, update 3).  The error we were receiving
wasn't from CFExecute, but rather the BAT file was failing when it was
executed, which lead me to believe that it was issues with security
permissions.

We have decided to go with John's option of executing the bat files through
a database cron job for security reasons.  Charlie, I re-read your article
on on reducing security risks on ColdFusion servers
<http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2013/1/2/Part2_serious_security_threat>
and
was able to share it with my management team.

Thanks guys!

Cheers,
Bettina